16 October 2007

Visual thinking practice: How to draw a stick dog


stickdog, originally uploaded by dgray_xplane.

One of my most popular posts, according to Google, is one I wrote some time ago about how to draw a stick figure. Recently a reader named Jade posted this comment:

"I've got the person thing going, but how would you do a dog...?"

I drew this at InkGram, a very interesting new tool by Loren Heiny. It's very new, in beta and it's still a little buggy, but very cool. And unfortunately it doesn't work in Firefox.

Keep in touch! Sign up to get updates and occasional emails from me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Cute dog. I tried it for myself. :) This is actually the first time I have ventured into your blog and somehow, I can't tear my eyes away from the set of flickr photos you have displayed by the right. There are just so many things on your desk and stuff that looks cluttered but clean. :) I wish my desk would look like that. An organized mess. I liked the one with the dress the most.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen!

Actually the photos are from a photo group called Annotated work spaces, where people post photos of their desks and add notes to explain how and why they set it up that way.

Anonymous said...

Is that a Homestuck reference? I think that's a Homestuck reference...

Unknown said...

Never heard of Homestuck.