Here's a simple but effective way to break the ice and introduce people at your next meeting or event. It's a good way to get people into a brainstorming/creative mood and sets the tone for a creative meeting.
1. Give everyone an index card and a colored marker (it's better if everyone has a different color).
2. Have each person fold the card in half to make a table tent.
3. On the front, have them write their name and draw their "supermask" (as in, if they were a superhero, what would be their mask?).
4. On the back, have each person write their "supername" and "superpower."
5. Go around the room and have each person describe their card to the group.
1. If everyone more or less knows each other: After writing their name, have each person pass their card to the person on their left or right. The person receiving the card fills it out and passes it back. Then go around the room as before.
2. Instead of "supername" and "super power" you can try other things, like "wrestler mask, name and secret move."
3. Corporate version Have each person draw a self-portrait on the front of the card, and on the back write something others are unlikely to know about them.
We did this at a recent edition of visual thinking school and it really livened up the meeting. Here are the results.
Give it a try, and post your cards to the vizthink! pool.
Keep in touch! Sign up to get updates and occasional emails from me.