15 May 2007

Visual thinking

Great presentation on visual thinking by Ryan Coleman.

Keep in touch! Sign up to get updates and occasional emails from me.


Ryan said...

Appreciate the compliment Dave!

Hope people enjoy :)


Gabriel said...

Great job!

UtO said...

Nice, it does help :D

Personnaly I still have a question :
- Im drawing models all the time (or close too ;) and just yesterday a friend told me I should be a consultant. But... I don't think so, my presentations are ugly :(
They are clear (usually people get it pretty quickly without extra explanation) but they dont look professional. Even if I know the goal is to convey the message I want to remove any disturbance for the viewer.

How do you proceed ? Do you build your own sets (color sets, style sets, image sets ... for specific application), do you draw them or do you know public repositories ?

Anyway thx again :)

dave said...

I carry a digital camera with me everywhere I go. This helps my presentations because often I can use a photo to make a point.

I also put hand-drawn sketches into presentations all the time and they are very popular.

Of course there are lots of repositories on the web -- I like to do a creative commons search on flickr.com, and I also like Stock Exchange (http://www.sxc.hu/).

But the best thing is to take your own photos and practice your drawing -- it will make your presentations more unique.