08 September 2005

How effective is your workplace communication flow?

How effective is the communication flow in your workplace? Do people know what is expected of them? Do they know how they are doing and how they will be rewarded if they do it well?

I'm conducting a "lightning survey" to get a sense of how well companies out there are communicationg. I'd appreciate it if you would take a moment to answer 10 questions on how your workplace is doing.

Your response will be completely anonymous. As soon as I have 100 responses I will publish the results. Thanks in advance for your help!

[This survey is now closed. Check out the results!]

Keep in touch! Sign up to get updates and occasional emails from me.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Five responses so far...

Unknown said...

We're up to 29 responses now.

Unknown said...

Thirty-three posts.

Anonymous said...

it's amazing how scattered my company is based on that survey. somethings are well defined and others seem to drop off the radar, even though they are just as important - tying my goals to the goals of the company for instance. they are trying to get better, just a lot of interial resistance to get past.

Mr. Chips said...

I'm feeling a little left out. I'd like to take the survey, but I don't have a job so my answers aren't applicable. Can you post a different kind of survey, maybe something about how people survive without working or online poker?

Unknown said...

We're up to 70 responses. As soon as we get 100 I'll start posting results.

Unknown said...

91 entries! Any day now.

Guy Farmer said...

Great post Dave and an interesting survey. I'm often struck by how much people think they are communicating and how little they actually are. The standard communication is for people to say too little or too much but most of it of limited depth.

I've found it helpful to give leaders and employees the opportunity to communicate more effectively through basic skills like listening and reflecting.