He also offers some good questions to ask yourself before you communicate:
- Is this a conversation or an announcement?
- What is the message? (or your initial position, if a conversation)
- Is it clear, simple, easy to convey?
- Who is your audience?
- What are they bringing with them? (Are they biased? Preoccupied?)
- What are their motives? What do they want out of this interaction?
- Does your message have easy 'handles,' so that they can carry it away with them?
- How will you be sure they take the message with them when they go? "
Read more in Communication is About BEING UNDERSTOOD
Keep in touch! Sign up to get updates and occasional emails from me.