30 October 2005

The Art of War, blogging and threaded discussion

The Art of War by Sun Tzu ranks among my favorite books of all time. It's quite simple and easy to read, yet every time I read it I learn something new. Over the years I have come back to it many times and it always feels fresh.

If you read many of the Chinese classics you will note a theme of commentary, or collaborative dialogue that is similar to blogging or threaded discussion. A classical text does not stand alone. Over the centuries, great minds add their thoughts and annotations to create a deep, rich, textured manuscript.

A new translation of Sun Tzu captures the essence of the original and blends it with the modern age, by adding collaboration and threaded discussion to the mix: visit Shonshi.

Keep in touch! Sign up to get updates and occasional emails from me.

No comments: