- You navigate. When confronted by a challenging, complex or confusing situation, you find a way. A brick wall doesn’t stop you because you have so many options: you can go over it, under it, around it or through it. And you do.
- You love puzzles. The questions that don’t have predefined answers are the ones you find most interesting. And you know that you can find the answer if you put your mind to it.
- You draw. You can’t explain a concept without scribbling. And you’re pretty damn good at it.
- You love language. You’d prefer a mosquito bite to a misspelled word or awkwardly constructed sentence.
- You edit. You won’t use two words when one will do.
- You love clarity.
- You love design. You breathe easier when there’s adequate white space. You care about typography. Your information hierarchies are clear and distinct. You expect good thinking to lie behind every design decision, and are vocal in your criticism when it doesn’t.
- You like working with people. You work not just for yourself but for a higher cause which serves others. You enjoy collaboration and working with a team.
- You need to be the best. Second place won’t do. You hold yourself to the highest standards, and you won’t play on a team that doesn’t share that drive.
- You take work home with you. You work on weekends, not because you have to but because you love what you do. Not everyone in your life understands.
If you can answer yes to all ten questions, you might be an XPLANER. We want to talk to you. Right now our creative team is desperately seeking illustrators, information designers, and concept developers/storyboard artists.
And if you know somebody who fits the mold (you know who they are!) please forward this to them. We are on a mission, and nothing but the best will do.
XPLANE conducts Visual Thinking School nearly every Thursday in our St. Louis-based headquarters. If you share our vision and are going to be in town, drop us a line or comment on this post. We’d love to have you join us.
Keep in touch! Sign up to get updates and occasional emails from me.